G3nes!s Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Everything Begins...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basics and tips of beatboxing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AdminiousSnake
Admin
Admin
AdminiousSnake

Basics and tips of beatboxing Empty
PostSubject: Basics and tips of beatboxing   Basics and tips of beatboxing EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Introduction

What is beatboxing? Basically, it is using your mouth as an instrument. For those that already know what is beatboxing, you will be thinking that it will be impossible for you to do it after watching the pros do it.

Don't worry, it is as easy as learning your alphabates. I'm serious, what you are hearing from the pros are advanced techniques which requires a lot of twisting of your mouth and tongue plus a lot of organized breathing. After learning the basics, you can slowly master the more advanced and harder techniques which i will also teach later on.

Info that you should know before/during beatboxing

The most important rule you should know before beatboxing, don't piss people off. Even when you beatbox, should try your best not to annoy other people. Do not do too much especially loud beatboxing in public. When someone tells you to shut up, do as they say.

Second thing, you should always keep your lips and mouth moist. Drink water before beatboxing. Avoid beatboxing when you have sore throat or something like that. Some people prefer dry lips to moist lips when beatboxing, but its really up to you which one you prefer. Oh, and try not to spit too much

During stage shows, you should drink water before the performance and keep a water bottle in your hand or somewhere nearby. If you are using a mike, which you should when in a big area, don't put it too close to your mouth. Wrap your whole hand on top of the mike and leave and opening on the top and the side.

Techniques on how to beatbox on tutorials can be improvised to adapt your mouth, it isn't nessecary to follow what you learned 100%. If you think a technique is better than what you learned, keep it that way.

Some beats require you to be physically mature, like throat bass.( Those that know me, dont start talking about hair) So don't be put off when you cant do it.

The basic beats

Now, what you all have been waiting for.....
( I've forgotten the names of the beat, when i remember it i will post it up)

Snare Drum (p) (b)
To start off, all you have to do is to say B. After that, seal your lips firmly, and try to force out the word B, opening your mouth right when you say B. It will sound like you are spitting the word. To sound real solid, you must have perfect timing. Do the same with with the P. To you it will sound almost the same but there still is some difference. This is the most common and easiest beat.

Bass Drum (phish)
Same with the snare drum, first you say the word PHISH. Then you seal your lips and force it out.

Hi Hat (t)
This is somewhat different from the other two beats. This time, leave your mouth open and seal your teeth instead of your mouth. Say something like (tst) from behind your teeth. To have maximum effect, move your tongue a little.

Now wasn't that easy? If you managed to do everything there, congratz, you have mastered the basic beats.

How to make a line of beats.
Some beats that doesnt require much breathing can be used to connect beats together to save breath. For instance, Snare Drum (p) and Hi Hat (t)

Try this line of beat with the same tempo, try to increase the speed once you are familiar with it

(b) (p) (b) (p) (b) (p)

Done that? now try this which is a little more difficult

(b) (p) (phish) (b) (b) (p) (phish)

Ready? now try the last beat

(b) (t) (b) (t) (b) (p) (b) (t) (b) (t) (b) (p) (phish) (phish) (t) (phish) (phish) (phish) (t)

Don't get it? I will give you personal webcam/mike tutor. Add my msn=toaofchaingun@hotmail.com or skype=toakhong
Back to top Go down
https://g3nesis.forumotion.com
Sotz <3
Sotz <3

PostSubject: Re: Basics and tips of beatboxing   Basics and tips of beatboxing EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Very well done brandon.

So everyone must follow the rules without breaking any =]
Kindly enjoy yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://conquestgaming.blogspot.com
Cq-Legend
Cq-Legend

PostSubject: Re: Basics and tips of beatboxing   Basics and tips of beatboxing EmptyMon May 18, 2009 9:17 am

Aiya Brandon, your style so noob larh. My style of beatboxing more pro

You still remember my style arh? Pro rite?
Back to top Go down
http://funfairnoobs.blogspot.com
tezterone
Retard with chicken bone
Retard with chicken bone

PostSubject: Re: Basics and tips of beatboxing   Basics and tips of beatboxing EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:34 pm

FUYOOHH!!! Brandon suddenly so pro in beatboxing ... *Claps* *claps* Haha and hey isn't the bass drum [B] and snare drum [phish]?o .O
Back to top Go down
AdminiousSnake
Admin
Admin
AdminiousSnake

PostSubject: Re: Basics and tips of beatboxing   Basics and tips of beatboxing EmptyThu May 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Ok bob, i don't do 'pooh na pooh nene pooh na pooh nene" crap
Back to top Go down
https://g3nesis.forumotion.com
Cq-Legend
Cq-Legend

PostSubject: Re: Basics and tips of beatboxing   Basics and tips of beatboxing EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Than i Therefore challenge you to a Sholin SHOWDOWN!
No wait that's the other movie....
I challenge you to a beatbox showdown!
Back to top Go down
http://funfairnoobs.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basics and tips of beatboxing   Basics and tips of beatboxing Empty

Back to top Go down

Basics and tips of beatboxing
Page 1 of 1